Thursday, June 10, 2010

Final project; poems (6)

1.The Rain Shattered Cathedral Walls.

The rain shattered cathedral walls,
Stained glass breaking into every hall,
And the rain, woke truths from the tomb---
purged white lies, from the fountain of youth.
The Choir sang, as the fire fled to the altar,
The riots screaming---
---Breaking down what were actions that had faltered.
And the old man was consumed in the flames,
as they burnt away the life’s they had refused to claim.
The rain kept adult eyes dry and dull---
---But the little one fell out the cradle that had rocked
And after the fire woke a girl in the remains
Lay in the meadow, staring across the wide green plane
She woke up,
rubbed indigo tears from her eyes,
then turned her back on all the Sunday morning lies.





2. A Day in the City.

The sun felt good,
So looked over the shoulder
She bathed in the fountain
Down by the parade {a celebration of our colors,}
The babies cried, and laughed
The madam, purple turban and ears
Told fortunes
Collecting believers
The students, kissed,
And read anthologies
Stood and screamed their thoughtless honesties.

The girl in the café wore her permanent smile, berry, and honey straw
And it felt good when she smiled
---back through the glass at her.
They sipped in silence, they both missed momma.

They came down the crosswalk, golden and brown
But walked in silence,
Straight through the crowd, {they held their silent vigil}
---But the girl in leathers stood and stared …
They weren’t hot coals like her.
They just walked, they walked hand in hand
And slowly into every bind mans heart.

But the girl in the leathers screamed out her frustration,
And through the window the poet cried for every possible reason.
And in the alley the junkie shot up,
Because [was he] he was nothing but a f--- up
And the family man, didn’t tell no one
When he got the gun
And then, just like that, made himself gone.



3. The convenient time.

She’s sleeping through the riot
Ambian induced narcissism makes for happy dreams

He changes the channel, to the station that makes him feel safe
And he is numb, tuned in so he can tune out

She’s fixing the window, because the rains getting in
And its making her wet
And she’s starting to remember
All the things she made herself forget
And ignore, now livings is a chore
And he’s closing the door
Cause the wind reminds him of all the faces,
[But it’s closed now so everyone is in their places…]
He turned around and closed his eyes
And it’s no surprise, that he can’t feel the fire anymore
[It burned him}
And he never got to cry
He just hid his tiered eyes.

And I’m crying now because I don’t want to see anymore.
I too, wanna shut my door
Close my eyes, my mind and my heart
But theirs a wind blowing, and I think I can see,
The possibility of finding
Another [out there] an insomniac-
Like me.



4. If I had a camera I could show you.

Blood In the street, street sweepers, just trying to sleep.
Little children, in hives they lie,
Swollen bellies, just trying to stay alive.
In the mountain ripe blue they eat,
flies coming by, rising and swelling, in a fit of goodbye
In the broken night she spoke,
Fleeting lives,
And there’s nowhere to hide,
And in the back of throat, the words we forgot to spoke.

We see through tainted glass
Cause people taking the pictures are just looking for a quick pass,
There on a nowhere mission, cause they don’t know what it’s like
[we’re all just fighting for our life.]
But still, those children are up every morning
[Rising to days, without promise of again],
And still somehow they see the sunrise
And find peace in the red earth, and the clear blue, never changing skies.



5. I took a train.

I took a train
To a place I saw in a dream
The one I thought you’d remember,
And isn’t it funny how everything stays the same
But you can’t tell because you don’t remember
[ forgetting is fun till you forgot what you once remembered.]
I waited a the train, to see if you would meet me,
But I forgot that I was just something that I couldn’t quite remember.
And so I stole away to the shore,
To the place I saw you face once before
But now I think I can remember…

It was 1962, when you left out of what seemed like the clear blue,
And died,
Fighting for what turned out to be a lie
But I still take the train to the place we met
So I can remind myself to never forget.




6. One Happy Sumer.

You taste of berries, and honeydew
The smell of sun and salt and air too
We bathed to together in the Mexico moonlight
Were we can lie together all night [?]
Finding patterns in the way we fight, trace and travel
Finding rhythms of the morning, ---
as day and night unravel.
Its been told---
The story that will unfold---
The one where you leave after the summer---
But I think that maybe that’s okay----
Cause most people don’t even get that---
One happy summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment