Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Final Quarter Work (Not Including Project): Villanelle

Villanelle (for real)

I didn’t wait for the convenient time
To tell you why
I’m sorry; I didn’t wait for the convenient time.

I woke you from your sleep. Robbed you then shook you till trust in your eyes retreat
I faltered before leaving and said goodbye
I didn’t wait for the convenient time.

Walked into the fire and rang the chime, ashes too ashes, and its still sublime
Left before promises kept before last and lie
I just couldn’t wait for the convenient time.

And now, I stand on the edge of the shore
Watching waiting for you to come by
And all cause I couldn’t wait for the convenient time.

I waited till dawn when the new day broke, looked to the shore and the last of the smoke.
Walked into the sea, so I could cry.
I just couldn’t wait for the convenient time.

I left this world and where is the next?
I see the shimmering of lives before this
And it’s me; I take the blame, for all the crimes
So here I lie, I couldn’t wait for the convenient time.

No comments:

Post a Comment